This warranty is provided, and operates in addition to, the statutory warranties Malmet (Australia) Pty Ltd ("Malmet") provides to any consumer under the Australian Consumer Law (if applicable) or by virtue of any other applicable legislation.
Subject to the following conditions, we provide, from the date of purchase, the following warranty on Malmet devices and spare parts for products manufactured by Malmet and sold in Australia:
- Functional components found within the device to be defective in workmanship or material will be repaired or replaced free of charge subject to the periods of warranty specified in the table below.
- A decision regarding whether the defective components will be repaired or replaced will be determined at the sole discretion of Malmet or its authorised agents or representatives.
- The structural warranty covers any structural components within the device, which fail to perform their intended function due to faulty manufacture or deterioration within the warranty period.
- Parts replaced in devices under warranty are warranted for the balance of the original warranty period for that device.
- Structural Guarantee
- All other components
Parts and Labour
- 2 Years from Date of Purchase
Malmet Spare Parts
- 1 Year from Date of Purchase
The installer is responsible for the correct installation, start up and demonstrating the operation of the product. They are also responsible for issuing the relevant certificates of compliance (these may differ from state to state).
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM UNDER THIS WARRANTY
If you believe there is a defect in a device you have purchased from Malmet, you must notify Malmet in writing of such defect, by sending an email (Notice of Defect) to email@example.com prior to the expiration of the applicable warranty period set out in this warranty.
For the avoidance of doubt, Malmet must receive your Notice of Defect prior to the expiration of the warranty period.
To the extent permitted by law, Malmet will not reimburse you for any expense you incur in claiming or attempting to make a claim for repair or replacement of a component under this warranty.
Please complete our Warranty Statement.
PROOF OF PURCHASE
Please retain your proof of purchase (receipt, invoice or commissioning certificate is accepted).
In the interest of continued product improvement, Malmet reserves the right to alter specifications without notice.
AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW DISCLAIMER (APPLIES ONLY TO THE EXTENT YOU ARE A ‘CONSUMER’ WITHIN THE MEANING OF THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW):
Malmet goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.